The call to apply for the 2016 Science Writer Fellowship has been answered by many journalists from the UK and North America focusing on child and youth development. The jury chose five science and health policy journalists as the 2016 fellows, who will travel to Switzerland to enhance their understanding of the work and research in the field of child development and to connect with Swiss premier research institutions. Fellows will also have the opportunity to meet the 2016 Klaus J. Jacobs Research Prize recipient, Orazio P. Attanasio and are invited to attend the Klaus J. Jacobs Research Prize ceremony at the University of Zurich on December 2. The five journalists are:
- Erika Beras, Independent Journalist, USA
- Jennifer Carpenter, Freelance Journalist, Canada
- Jessica Hamzelou, Reporter, New Scientist, UK
- Maggie Jones, Contributing Writer, New York Times Magazine, USA
- David Karas, Freelance Journalist, USA
More about the new Jacobs Science Writer Fellows here.